This video is for home-viewing only, for public performance or educational use please contact us.
THE HEALTHY STEPS INTERACTIVE MULTIMEDIA TRAINING & RESOURCE KIT is a tool for physicians, pediatric nurse practitioners and other professionals who deliver primary care to children, showing these clinicians how to provide care that is focused on development, behavior and the needs of the entire family. Using videos, a CD-ROM and a printed User Manual, the kit is truly multimedia, which makes it adaptable to both large-group and individual training environments, as well as to multiple learning styles.
1. Healthy Steps: An Overview (above)
2. Starting a Healthy Steps Practice
3. The Healthy Steps Office Visit
4. Healthy Steps Home Visits
5. Teachable Moments: The First Year
6. Teachable Moments: The Toddler Years
7. Gauging a Child’s Development
8. Supporting Families: Challenging Times, Challenging Situations
9. Family Factors Affecting Children: Smoking, Depression, Violence, and Addiction
To view and print the guides, Adobe Reader is needed. Download it free-of-charge here.
The Healthy Steps Interactive Multimedia Training & Resource Kit was produced by The Independent Production Fund, Toby Levine Communciations, and Boston University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics in 2000.
The Commonwealth Fund
The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The Colorado Trust
The Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation
The Kansas Health Foundation
The Gordon Russell Fund at the Peninsula Community Foundation
Jewish Healthcare Foundation